Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

Friends make Everything more Beautiful (:



The worst place I have ever been to is Lignano, a small Italian seaside resort on the northern Adriatic coast. The instant I get out of the car I know why so many German tourists prefer the place as their cheap holiday destination. It has got nothing of the southern Italian charm people associate with the country. I find myself in a duplicated typical desolated German city. Countless run-down apartments and hotels string together along the dirty promenade. While trying hard to dodge all the crazy cyclists and the ruthless skaters, I jostle with crowds of people to get at least a small place where I can lie down and relax in the sun. Thousands of children buzz around me screaming and squealing. I have to cough because I choked on grains of coarse sand. Before I have sunstroke I make my way through would-be sportsman walking along the beach trying not to get in touch with their stinking sweat. If the sun did not burn down like in the desert, I would never set a foot in the brown soup of water which people call the refreshing sea. In the evenings I stroll along the hectic city watching a bunch of teenagers desperately trying to get drunk. The smell of oil, fat and old fish makes me want to vomit. So I hurry home to sink into my bed. Not even the scabious sheets prevent me from sleeping so that this horrible trip is finally over. 
Okay that would have been the version if I had to write about the worst place I have ever been to for our English class (;
So here’s the more personal side of this story.

I’ve been to Lignano with my closest friends in summer 2010. It was our first holiday together and we didn’t want to spend that much money but wanted to relax and have a great time. And we did (:
In the apartment we had fun cooking together and creating special dishes I wouldn’t dare to eat once again (; our fridge had hardly any food in it but lots of good drinks. We discovered that making a “vodka-melon” isn’t what we should do and that guys should never be left alone while cleaning the dishes.
It turned out that we are able to entertain the whole beach with “sexy” dance performances and that only one inflatable matrass can become the funniest toy in the world! (;
When it comes down to going out in the evenings we have more fun singing and dancing in the streets without a glass of alcohol than sitting around in some kind of “unforgettable-best-night-of-your-life-club” sipping from disgusting drinks.
The only thing that really matters is being with people you love from the bottom of your heart! Then even the worse place ever can become an absolutely amazing memory you wouldn’t exchange for anything else in this world! (:
Giving you some impressions of what a “not very nice” place can look like if you stage it properly:





















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen