Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

Thrilling, Captivation, Swedish




In 2011 I have been to Stockholm for one week together with one of my best friends. But I don’t want to write about this city. No. I want to write about the REASON why we went on this trip.

 So we chose Stockholm because we have read the “Millennium series” just some month ago. As I don’t expect all of you to know what the “Millennium series” is, I want to tell you shortly what it’s all about. In fact, that’s a series of 3 books written by the Swedish (unfortunately he is dead by now) author Stieg Larsson. 

 
The whole story is about Lisbeth Salander, a woman in her twenties with a photographic memory and poor social skills, and Mikael Blomkvist, a journalist and editor of a magazine called “Millennium”. Both are living in Stockholm and they meet for the first time when Mikael Blomkvist is invited to meet Henrik Vanger, the retired CEO of the Vangar Corporation. Officially he is asked to write the Vanger family history, but really for discovering what happened to Harriet, the grandchild of Mr. Henrik Vanger. He believes her to have been killed by a family member 36 years ago. While searching through the evidence, Blomkvist decides that he needs a research assistant, and Vanger's lawyer suggests Lisbeth Salander. At that time she works for Milton Security as a hacker.

 
Then the story goes on and believe me it is thrilling!! I couldn’t even stop reading for one day! I was captivated!

The books are crime novels and for me they are the best ones I have ever read! It’s about death, love, conspiracie
s, sexual harassment against women and much more.
The Swedish film production company Yellow Bird created excellent film versions of the Millennium Trilogy. They were all released in 2009.

Since 2011 there exists a Hollywood adaptation of the book.
Personally, I think that the Swedish movies are way better than the Hollywood production but that’s purely a matter o
f opinion.
If you want to read a really good book, I recommend you to read these three. If you don’t like reading, just watch the films. They are awesome!

In Stockholm we had the chance to buy a map especially created for all these Millennium Freaks like us. We followed the map to all the places mentioned in the book located in Stockholm. It was like being part of the book :) 


Even the City Museum of Stockholm dedicates a part of the building to Stieg Larsson and his famous books. 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen