Well, as you all know, we have to read the book “Notes from a big Country” written by Bill Bryson.
If you haven’t started yet, you absolutely should do so! I absolutely loved the book and in the end I wanted to read even more.
For me that’s what it’s all about. A really good writer leaves the reader longing for more and more.
I admire his cynical and
ironic way of describing typical daily situations. I found myself more
than just once laughing out loud because of how striking his
explanations were.
Most of all I liked the story about “Enough Already” simply because I could have written it myself. I have the heartwarming
feeling that finally there
is someone saying what I am thinking. I could have been the one trying
desperately to choose between thirty-five varieties of tooth-paste or
all other products mentioned. Sometimes I find myself lost in big
supermarket aisles wondering what the difference is between “Somat Tab
9” and “Somat Tab 10”. Number Nine worked perfectly fine, how could
Number Ten possibly get my dishes cleaner than clean? As Bill Bryson is
claiming the abundance of choice breeds dissatisfaction. After leaving
the supermarket I feel frustrated because it took me so long to find
what I need. On top of that, how can I ever be sure to have picked the
right product perfectly fitting to my circumstances? Once finding me
stuck in these superfluous thoughts, I decided to no longer care. I
ignore sales assistants who extol the newest and improved products. Some
might call me rude for saying “No I am not interested in it”. I would
consider it as an essential to life measure helping me to save time and
to keep calm while other people lose their temper because of listening
to someone explaining the very important difference between “Tab 9” and
“Tab 10”.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen