Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

Till Next Year - Naxos




“Home is where your heart is.” Actually, my heart is divided into two parts so far. Graz is my hometown and will always be. But there is this small wonderful Greek island in the Mediterranean Sea named Naxos my heart is beating for.


I spent my first holiday ever in Naxos. Well, I was one and a half year old and I can’t remember
anything, but this sure must have been the start of my strong passion for this island. From that moment on I spent at least 2 weeks of my summer holidays there enjoying all the benefits offered by Naxos.

In general, Naxos, especially Mikri Vigla (the name of the small village we always are staying at), is a windsurfing and kiting hot spot known all over the world. 

So there are people from everywhere. Over the years I became close friends with people from Germany, Switzerland, Australia and many other countries. It is pretty easy to stay in touch because once you have been to this island the chances are very good that you will come back the following years. We, the “Naxos-addicts”, call it the “Magic of Naxos”. It is not possible to explain why this island won’t let go of you. It’s just a matter of fact that you are likely to return once you have been there.
My friends keep on asking me if it wasn’t boring to go there every year. Honestly, if it was, I wouldn’t go there! ;)

I love windsurfing and I enjoy watching the best windsurfers and kiters of the world performing on the water for us! You can’t imagine how impressively high they can jump with their kites. It looks like they are walking in the air.


Or have you ever seen three windsurfers doing a looping all at the same time? Well, everything’s possible there. ;)
 In the evenings you sit on the beach around a campfire and listen to different stories told by people from different cultures. The scenery is so beautiful that it looks like a drawing picture. The night sky is so clear that you can see so many shooting stars. I am running out of wishes there!
The landscape is gorgeous as well. There are beautiful sandy beaches all over the island. You can go cliff diving, jumping down a ten meters high cliff. Never did that, but enjoyed watching some crazy guys doing it. There are even some small mountains. The highest one is called “Zas”. 

Up there I get lost in the view every time. It’s just stunning!
Being there is like taking my personal time off from the real life. I can turn off my phone and I don’t have to worry that I miss important calls. I have realized that nothing is so important than enjoying the moment.

And I am enjoying every second there! :) 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen