Donnerstag, 14. März 2013

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page





Traveling 
In my very first blog entry about travelling, I would like to tell you guys why I’m such a travel addict.
 
I wouldn’t really describe myself as an adventurous person but I’m eager to explore the world. I think there are so many wonderful places out there. I don’t want to spend my whole life staring at pictures of stunning spots. In fact, I want to be right in front of all these sights and years later I want to admire my own photos and tell my friends and family how amazing my trips were.

Graz, my hometown, is a really beautiful city. I like spending my time here, hanging out with all of my friends and doing all the stuff that can be done.
But after some months in Graz I can feel the strong wish to leave this city getting stronger. I start feeling unhappy and I totally need a change of the scenery. That’s when I pack my bags and leave.
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” But I want to read the whole book, as fast as possible. I don’t want to stop reading, never ever!
This quote is one of my favorites. I remember myself browsing on the internet late at night, finding this quote and nodding in total agreement.

Travelling for me means freedom and happiness. If I set a foot on the ground of an airport for the first time I immediately start smiling. It just makes me feel relaxed and pleased. I enjoy meeting new people from everywhere in the world and I am delighted about discovering wonderful places and sights in every country.

Actually, I have already started to plan my summer holiday just a few days ago. Together with one of my best friends I want to travel Europe by Inter-Rail. We are both so excited and I can’t wait for summer to finally come! It is going to be legen…wait for it …dary!! :D
Another thing I love about my passion for travelling is that I can share it with my mum. We have a very close relationship and some years ago we started a nice little tradition. Every year we are going on a city trip together. Last year it has been Rome and Lisbon, this year we are still looking for a city to visit. So if you have any suggestions, please let me know :)
“Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you've never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground.”

Here are just some impressions of my last journeys. (:

















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen