Montag, 25. März 2013

I love Breakfast

Never work before breakfast; if you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first. - Josh Billings

       

My eating habits have changed a lot over the years, especially my attitude towards breakfast. I remember when I was a little child I have always refused to eat a sandwich in the morning. I didn’t even want to drink a cup of tea.
Now I couldn’t go without it! I usually get up at 8 o’clock in the morning and I immediately feel hungry. That’s also because I try to avoid eating in the evenings. Normally I have some slices of bread at home so I can eat at least some bites just to give my stomach the feeling it’s not empty.  But there are times where I forgot to buy bread on the day before. So after one hour without eating anything I start to feel sick. When I hurry to university I stop by at a grocery store and get myself something to eat. That’s also why I have to have breakfast very often right before my first course starts.



But I have to say that I hate chocking down my breakfast like this. I prefer to sit down at a table laden with food. I take my time to enjoy the delicious offer of food. It makes me feel relaxed and for me that’s the best start in a good day.
Admittedly I don’t do that very often – unfortunately! 


Lots of my friends share my opinion and so we started to meet up to have breakfast together. Since many of us live without our parents we figured out that it’s a nice way to chat and get energy for a hard day. And you save money because you can go without food for the following hours if you do it right ;) 


There are many great places in Graz where you can enjoy a tasty breakfast. I’d like to give you some ideas now.


1.) Café Glockenspiel


The café Glockenspiel is located directly in the city center (Glockenspielsquare 4, 8010 Graz). What I like best about their breakfast offer is that you can choose what you want yourself. It’s called “Baukasten Frühstück”. I guess many of you now the “Pizza-Bausatz” you can get at “Posaune” or “Grammophon”. It’s exactely like this. For €6.20 you can choose between different kinds of ham, cheese, paprika or have a yoghurt with fruits, mozzarella with pesto. And that’s just a small part of what you can find there. Included in the breakfast is a drink (hot or cold), 3 types of bread, butter, spread and you can choose 5 components yourself (they are on the small sheet you have to complete). 


I think it is totally worth it and the price is fair for what you get. It is delicious! The atmosphere is friendly, it’s a stylish furnished place and very clean.




2.) Café Bar Orange


I’m sure a lot of you know this place but have a different association to it. Well, I know it’s in the “Univiertl” and you can spend your evenings partying there. But it’s even better to enjoy your mornings at Orange!


It’s located – as I mentioned – in the “Univiertl”, Elisabethstreet 30 8010 Graz.
You can have breakfast from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and they have a wide range of extraordinary breakfast offers! Every meal is named after a famous person. Behind every person hides a culinary delight! Doesn’t matter if you want to have a classical breakfast with honey, jam and butter or you want to go for the traditional English breakfast, there’s something for all of you!



I love to go there in the summer month because they have outdoor service. Like this you can enjoy the sunshine! 


Take a look: http://www.cbo.at/


3.) Bakery Kern


The third place I’d like to mention is called Bakery “Kern”. It’s a company with different branches all over Graz. But I’m talking about their headquarter in Mariatrost (Mariatrosterstreet 93 8043 Graz). 



I used to live only 1 minute away until I moved out at home. I know the family ever since I was a little child. So I was lucky that they offer such a great breakfast!


You can get there sweet breakfasts or the ones with ham and cheese or even a combination. The drink (hot or cold) is included in the price.
My favorite dish coasts about €7 and after eating it I can go till 5 p.m. without food! :D

I love the friendly atmosphere and I tend to forget the time there. The service is excellent and warm. Sometimes you even get little presents (cake, biscuits etc.) when you leave. That’s really charming!


There is also a small area prevented for outdoor service. Even though the place is next to the street you don’t get irritated by the traffic because there is isolation. I can tell that you won’t even take notice of the cars passing by. 

In the winter month I love the fact that they have a small winter garden. Especially if snow is falling down it’s beautiful to look outside.






These are my three favorite places to enjoy the most important meal of the day. Feel free to try them out yourself. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do (:

If you have any recommendations yourself, please let me know! I love exploring new breakfast locations! :D

2 Kommentare:

  1. Thanks for sharing those breakfast places!! I love to breakfast! I love it more than dinner or lunch :). I'm so very grateful that you mentioned the café at the Glockenspielplatz because I love it there and till now I had no idea that there is a Breakfast-Bausatz. Actually I've been to the bakery in the Mariatrosterstraße too because my best friend lives like 2 minutes away from there. It really is a lovely place.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I also prefere breakfast than dinner or lunch :D Happy you liked this post and you really should try ou the breakfast "Bausatz" at Café Glockenspiel! You won't regret it! I'm sure (:

    AntwortenLöschen