While
browsing the internet I found an amazing health & wellness blog called “the
more you know”. Click here to check out the link to the blog. Maybe you want to
have a look (:
I had a
look at this blog and liked a lot of different topics. One of the labels is
called “food art”. The pictures posted were amazing!!
Though I think it’s quite a controversial topic. I remember my grandma saying “You never play with food, you listening?!” Of course she is absolutely right. I’m not in favor with people using food as toys or allowing their children to throw it on the floor or simply waste it. That’s a no-go. I, myself, read a lot about the topic “food waste” for our food magazine and really got into that topic. So I clearly disapprove wastefulness.
But, I
think there is a difference between “playing with food” and “food art”.
Creating a master piece out of food so that your eyes can “eat” first doesn’t constitute
something reprehensible for me.
Just look
at these gorgeous pictures!!!
I believe
it is a nice way to sharpen someone’s appetite on the condition that the food
will be eaten, of course.


And I came up with a bonus that goes along with art food, especially concerning fruits or vegetables. Children are easily attached to good looking things. It’s a nice idea to decorate healthy dishes in ways that children might appreciate. They find it interesting and will surly take a closer look at spinach or other “terrible” healthy food. So it might be a good way to draw children’s attention to eating healthy food. And everyone can do it! Also not so talented parents will be able to create a beautiful dish. All you need is a little imagination!

And I have
to admit, I like it too (: If a dish is nicely decorated I can ignore the fact
that there are some ingredients I might not like.






Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen