5 days of studying hard at the university can be so time-consuming
that you feel a little bit downcast. That’s the point where friends and good
food comes in.
Last Friday I decided to call up 2 friends of mine and
ask them if they would like to have dinner in the evening. We haven’t met for
quite a while and a “girls night out” sounded great.
My mum gave me once a great hint where to eat fresh
Italian pasta in Graz. I proposed this restaurant to my friends and we decided
to check it out.
I’m talking about a lovely, small place called “Il
Capperi”. I looked the name up and it turns out that capperi means “Wow!” in English. And I have to say that name really
fits!

The restaurant is located in “Schmiedgasse 22” (8010
Graz). I have to admit that I have passed this place several times in the last
years and never took notice of it. The outside isn’t really catching. And it is
really small, so you absolutely have to make a reservation if you want to eat
there. I would call it an inside tip.However, the inside is just amazing. When we entered the place I immediately had the feeling to be in a small remote village somewhere in Italy and just crashing into this restaurant by pure coincidence. It’s small but has the Italian charm that I miss in nearly all other Italian restaurants here in Graz.
The walls are painted in red/orange/yellow and create a warm atmosphere. There
are small and pretty large paintings and postcards. The furniture seems to be
old but matches with the rest of the restaurant. You simply feel welcome.
But more importantly: What about the food?

“Il Capperi” is known for serving only fresh food and therefore they only offer a very small menu.
They serve starters like antipasto plates in different sizes or a few other stuff like mozzarella.
The main dishes are always pasta and they only have two different types between which you can choose. What’s good is that there is also a vegetarian meal is you don’t want to eat meat.
For dessert you can get ice cream. Maybe they vary that as well but I’m not sure about that.

So now let me tell you what we got for dinner. We started
with a plate with cold cuts made of pork coming from the Vesuvius region.
Delicious! Then we tried out both types of pasta. The vegetarian one was with
basil pesto and almonds. The other one was a sauce made of lamb, eggplants and tomatoes.
Let me tell you, that was insanely good! I can’t describe it even if I would
try very hard!
We enjoyed our meal together with a bottle of tasty white wine.
The waiter was so friendly and courteous! And I think
that’s beside the food quality one of the most important things for running a
successful restaurant. When I asked him if I could take a picture of him because I wanted to blog about this place in my online blog, he started laughing and I guess he felt flattered too. The first thing he asked, if I’m sure that he would be a good representation for “Il Capperi”? And I think he is. He was just so cheerful and that fits the place the best I think.
Concerning the price, I can’t complain. The relation
between quality and quantity deserves an A plus and the price is perfect for
such an extraordinary meal.
I can clearly recommend this place to everyone who
would love to enjoy pasta along with a friendly, Italian ambience.
BUON APPETITO !!!

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen