Do you ever worry about your own mental health?
I picked this question for a special reason. I believe
that people tend to forget about their own mental health. In fact, I think most
of us don’t worry enough!
There are so many mental disorders but I don’t bother
listing them here. If you are interested in this topic, just look them up. I
want to write about something else. Actually, I want to start by asking you another
question:
What do you do for your mental health?
You might think it’s ridiculous because you aren’t
crazy. Well, I know that. But I think there is way more to mental health than
going mad.
I came up with 10 questions that I would like you guys
to think about. They look like they are really easy to answer. But if you start
thinking about them intensively I’m sure you will spend hours and hours analyzing them.
1.) Do you do what you love?
2.) Do you feel independent?
3.) Do you have true friends?
4.) Do you laugh at least once a day?
5.) Do you like yourself?
6.) Do you feel happy about the way you’re life is at
the moment?
7.) Do you tell yourself that you are awesome?
8.) Do you know about your qualities?
9.) Do you put yourself in the first place?
10.) Do you realize that you can change anything that
doesn’t make you happy?
For me these questions are the key to happiness. I
admire people who can answer them easily with a clear YES. ‘Cause honestly I
can’t. But I believe we should really work on them. Those are great study
questions. After answering them you learned something about yourself. And that’s
probably the most important thing in life.
So now let me tell you shortly what I do when my mental health is not well enough balanced:
- Sometimes if I have a bad day, I prefer to be alone and listen to music. I like lying in my bad with my headphones on and cut out the world around me. Music on – world off. It’s one of my favorite ways to charge my batteries.
- Quite often I go swimming. It’s a really good way to keep your whole body in motion and feel weightless. It’s just the water and you. It’s my favorite way to think about my life and what’s going on at the moment. Afterwards I feel calmer and more relaxed.
- Then there are those days were I just want to be with
my beloved ones. I meet up with friends to have a great time. Especially with
my best friend, I spend endless hours doing nothing – to be honest. But it
doesn’t matter. I feel really good! And that’s all that counts!
- On really bad days, when I feel like my whole world is crashing down, I need to see my mum. She is one of the most important people in my life. We have a really close relationship. She is a single parent, so it has always been just my mum and me. She gives me the feeling that even if everyone is against you, she still has my back!
I think it doesn’t matter what or who makes you feel
good. You just have to figure out what you need to do to be happy and then DO
IT. That’s the thing, knowing is nice but you have to actually react.
Maybe you should start worrying about your mental
health because it is everything you are.

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen