In February I spent 4 days at my cousin’s place in
Zurich, Switzerland.
I went there by night train and even though the trip
takes me 10 hours I was really lucky because there was no need to change train.
What I like about this train is that I arrive at 9:20 a.m. in Zurich so I don’t
lose one day of exploring this new city.
Kira lives in Embrach which is a very small town 20 minutes away from Zurich. Her mother offered me to take my suitcase to her office and in the evening she brought it to Kira’s place. So we had the chance to spend the whole day in Zurich doing some sightseeing.
Unfortunately the weather wasn’t on my side. It was
freezing cold and snowing the whole time. Personally I have to say that a city
loses a lot of its beauty if the weather is bad. But Zurich was still extremely
beautiful und after 2 hours of walking in the cold I got used to it.
We went for a walk at the shore of Lake Zurich. You can walk there for hours I guess. It’s really big! We even had the chance to get a glimpse of the sun! If I would live in Zurich you can be sure that I would spend my days next to this beautiful lake.
Up there the view over the city is breath-taking!
Next to the ETH, 50 years after its foundation, was built the University of Zurich which has now more than 30.000 students.
A beautiful church is called “Fraumünster”. The church
includes a nunnery and a long time ago the women of the European higher
nobility lived there.
A legend says that Charlemagne discovered the tombs of
Felix and Regula, who are the two saints of the city and founded the first
church as chapter of canons there. This church is called “Großmünster”. It’s
the landmark of Zurich.
My favorite church is called “Kirche Enge”. It’s
located on top of a small hill and right in front of it you have a stunning
view over the lake and the city. The church is built in a Italian early
Renaissance style.
I also loved the Swiss state museum which is located directly
behind the train station. It’s a huge old building and next to it is a lovely
park.
The big negative aspect of Zurich though is that this
city is expensive! Gosh!! I had to spend so much money for food you can’t
imagine. One glass of “Weißer Spritzer” in the evening coast nearly 10 euros. I
was shocked. I knew Switzerland is an expensive state but it was more expensive
than I had expected it to be. Of course people living there earn more money
than we do but if you guys ever plan to visit this country keep in mind that
you will need a lot of money!
But I can tell you there are a lot of great places to
go out in the evenings. I only went out once with Kira and her best friend. We
had a lot of fun! There are great places where you can dance or enjoy a glass
of wine together and just chat about random things.
I really enjoyed these 4 days away from home in a
beautiful city together with Kira!

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen