Sonntag, 26. Mai 2013

Superwoman - Jillian Michaels




I would like to introduce to you guys  Jillian Michaels, a leading American health and wellness expert. I think it sticks great to our current topic “health and medicine”.

She was born in California, USA and attended California State University, Northridge. During her studies she worked as a bartender and personal trainer. In 2002 she opened the sports medicine facility Sky Sport & Spa in Beverly Hills. There she worked as a physical therapist aid.
She is considered to be one of the most inspiring people on television through her role as trainer, wellness expert and life coach on her hit TV shows and regular TV appearances. You can say she has created a brand name for herself. 

She has been a fitness expert for over 20 years; her passion for fitness training comes from 17 years of martial arts practice in Muay Thai and Akarui-Do, in which she holds a black belt. She holds two personal training certificates from the leading certification programs in the country and many others. So you can see she knows what she is doing.

Right now her business partner and manager is Giancarlo Cherisich. They operate Empowered Media, LLC. They launched their company with the goal of creating total life solutions for people that involve all aspects of living well, including health, wellness, weight loss and overall lifestyle. She can communicate her message of health and wellness to a large audience through numerous forms of media. The motto of the company is “Inspired by Jillian, empowered by YOU!”
She published lots of books and released DVDs and video games. She is even a New York Times bestselling author of numerous books including “Master Your Metabolism” and “Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life”.

But I don’t want to bore you with facts you can easily check out yourself at her web-page or Wikipedia (;
I want to tell you how I found out about her and why I truly like her!

Couple of days ago, one of my best friends sent me a link to a YouTube video. I was curious to find out what that’s supposed to be. I just read the title saying “Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Complete Workout”. So I wondered what that could be. At home I checked out the video and did the whole program. I have never felt that exhausted in my whole life I guess!! It was incredibly amazing! After doing it my head was completely red, I drank liters of water and just lay down in my bed and thought “wow I wanna be like that woman!!”

She is so enthusiastic and cheerful. She is not like the other fitness coaches talking (excuse me) bullshit for over an hour to keep you going. No! She tells you that you have to keep moving and that you have to suffer if you want to change something! It’s all about going on and sticking to your goals because you CAN reach them if you just try hard enough.

It’s no surprise that she motivates millions of people to do her training program. I found out that when she was younger she struggled with her own weight. But she was determined to reach her goals and through dedication and hard work, she did. And in the way she is trying to motivate you, you can feel her ambition to persuade you that you can do anything you want. It’s just an amazing feeling you get while fighting through a 55 minutes long program. You want to quit but then there is this gorgeous looking woman telling you that you will make it. I’m sorry but she really caught my attention and I think she’s wonderful!

So I sift through YouTube and found out more videos of her. One program I would like to draw your attention to is called “Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred”.

Her aim is to get you fit in 30 Days so that you can see a real improvement of your body. And I thought that’s kind of a good idea to prepare for the summer season bound to come up pretty soon.

So there are 3 different levels. You start at level 1 and keep on doing this circle for 10 day. Then you go on with level 2 and so on. The best thing about it, it’s just 30 minutes you have to sacrifice every day. And that’s possible even while studying for all those terrible exams.
But I thought I will change the schedule a little bit so that it fits better to my daily routine. I will try to do this program every day expect when I go swimming or running for one hour. I know that I won’t pull the whole thing through if I have to do it every day, because let’s face it, there are lazy days (; So if I decide to go swimming for one hour, I clearly have done enough for the day.
I’m so looking forward to see how much improvement I will actually see by the beginning of summer and if I have the strength to stick to my resolution. Hopefully it will be fun! (:

Here are the links I mentioned above. Go check them out if you are interested!


1 Kommentar: