Mittwoch, 20. November 2013

What to EAT when you're really STRESSED?!




So I found this picture on the internet which shows food that people should eat if they feel really stressed. I thought “Well I’m stressed out so why not taking a closer look at it!”



I just picked out a few of things mentioned.

Eat fruits high in Vitamin C

There are a lot of fruits high in Vitamin C and we all know some of them. But I wanted to find out which fruits offer the highest level of Vitamin C. I found a ranking on the internet which surprised me in some way.

Top 10 Foods highest in Vitamin C

                    1. Red and Green Hot Chili Peppers
Actually, they green chillies provide the most vitamin C than any other food. I didn’t know that!
You can use both of them to spice up soups, curries and sauces.

2. Guavas

3. Bell Pepers

4. Fresh Herbs (Thyme and Parsley)

5. Dark Leafy Greens (Kale, Mustard Greens, Garden Cress)

6. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts

7. Kiwi Fruits (Chinese Gooseberries)

8. Papayas

9. Oranges and Clementines (Tangerines)

10. Strawberries

Eat Spinach

Well I absolutely love spinach! When I was little, I can remember always watching “Popeye” and I’m sure most of you guys know that he is famous for eating these cans of spinach to become super strong and fight all the bad guys. I guess it’s because of him that I always wanted to eat spinach for lunch!
I would like to share one of my favorite spinach recipes with you. It’s really easy and doesn’t take long but tastes delicious!

Ingredients:

·         leaf spinach (tip: buy the small frozen pieces – you can freeze them and have them for a longer time, take 5 or 6 of them for one meal)
·         feta cheese
·         onions
·         noodles
·         olive oil
·         salt & pepper

All you have to do is cut the onions and put them in a pan with olive oil and heat them. Put the pieces of frozen spinach in a pot with a little bit of water (just make sure that the is covered). Heat them as well. Then you cut the feta cheese and add it to the spinach as well as the onions. Cook the noodles you like and then put everything together.

Doesn’t take longer than 30 minutes and is really delicious!

Eat Almonds & Walnuts

I would say in general eat all kinds of nuts. As mentioned they help you to keep your blood pressure law and they also help you to stay focused and productive which is pretty important I guess.
I would recommend buying the “Studentenfutter”. It’s a great mixture of nuts. I prefer the mixture of nuts with cranberries. Just tastes amazing! And it gets you through a long day.

Have a look at the other stuff mentioned in this picture. Maybe it’s helpful for staying relaxed. And always remember to eat! We’re gonna need the energy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen