Montag, 17. März 2014

PSA: After-Death Avatar



Woman: I’m trying. Believe me. I’m trying hard to … forget him.

Man: You shouldn’t try to forget him. You should try to keep his memory and move on. He’s gone but you’re still alive.

Woman: (hesitating) Well, there is this thing called “After-Death Avatar”. I could actually talk to him, even speak to him, and maybe also hug him again.

Losing a loved person is probably the most devastating pain you will ever go through in your whole life. New technologies are trying to derive benefit from your loss. Creating an “after-death avatar” does not bring anybody back to life. The only thing it does is letting you embrace the idea of beating death. Which you actually cannot. An “after-death avatar” keeps you suffering even more. You will realize a hundred times that this avatar is not the real person you want to talk to. It is just an avatar. You will be in pain each time you become aware of this fact. You will suffer and be stuck in solitude. You will go crazy. You won’t be able to survive so much pain.

 
Remember: You are still alive! Do not kill yourself with creating an “after-death avatar” of somebody who is far gone.


1 Kommentar:

  1. I like the idea you are pushing that creating an avatar is similar somehow to ending your (real) life. Nice use of bold. Check gerund/infinitive. Perhaps make the last few sentences (from 'It is just...') flow alittle better by good use of cohesion.

    AntwortenLöschen